Need Program to spit Video files how I want.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Apr 14, 2005.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

I am trying to make a music video on my iBook. Its alot harder than I thought it was going to be. So Far, I have Audio Hijack, Handbrake and I can rip audio and entire chapters from my DVDs into MPEG4 files... great.. Now I dont want the whole chapter. I really just want parts of each scene on the DVD. Maybe 3 seconds here, and 10 seconds their. What program do I need to accomplish this? Free if possible.

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

After you import the whole chapter, you could use QuickTime Pro to cut a part and save it as a new file, then delete the original. iMovie may be able to achieve a similar result.

3. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Logik macrumors 6502a

if you are going that route, i'd wait until QT7 is out... should be soonish.. since tiger is being released in almost 14 days

however, iMovie should do what you want.. after you've ripped itanyway.. seperate the audio from video tracks, then drag them how you want

5. applejack macrumors newbie

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

if you only want a few seconds of each bit of the DVD the easiest way would be to capture the DVD as video in imovie. you will need a normal DVD player and a DV bridge or camcorder with video input. Plug the DVDs video & audio into the dv bridge/camcorder and then plug that into you mac via firewire. This way if you only want 10 seconds of video, it will only take 10 seconds to capture it!

7. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

iMovie will do what I want however it tells me that the file needs to be less than 9.5 minutes... the file I am working with is 9.6 Minutes
    Just my luck huh.. so I need something to break it up now before I import it into i movie.

Maybe I will just wait on this project until I get Tiger, iLife 05 and QTpro7

8. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

That is an intresting idea, however I am in the United States Marine Corps, currently deployed to Iraq. So all i have is my iBook ;)

9. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

Its the most practical way of doing in, I read a few post where users just want a few second, but have to rip the entire DVD.