Need School Wireless Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iBookG4user, Jan 31, 2007.

1. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

My high school has an open wireless access point, but ever since around mid december I've not been able to access it. I brought my PSP to test it and the PSP worked fine and got access to the internet. My friend has an iBook and he can access the internet with it. When I try to connect it says that the access point uses a list of computers to determine what can connect and it says mine is not on the list, but as was aforementioned I can bring my PSP and connect to the internet with that. So, any ideas as to what can solve this and let me connect to the school network?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Have you tested your wireless card on other networks? If so you might want to ask the network administor.

3. iBookG4user thread starter macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm connected to my personal router via wireless right now, so I know that works. And the system administrator doesn't know anything about computers, but yes I have brought the matter to her attention. (I still don't know why them put her in charge...)