Need Sherlock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by actripxl, Sep 7, 2004.

1. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

Would like any help on how I can download sherlock. I reinstalled OSX and when I opened Sherlock there were no channels and would like to have the default set.

2. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

That's odd.
    Well, one of the discs you've got will include a "Software Restore" feature. Just run that and it should fix up Sherlock.

EDIT:
    You did check the "Channel" menu and the main "Channels" pane, right?
    The channels on the top navigation bar are like "favorites" and can be dragged out without actually removing the channel from Sherlock.

3. actripxl thread starter macrumors 6502

actripxl

The thing is I restored OSX so there where never any channels, also the software restore doesn't fix sherlock, its for third party software that came with my PB.

4. aptmunich macrumors member

Download pacify from versiontracker.com and use that with your osx discs to install the parts of osx you need (in your case sherlock)

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If you've backed up your account's Library->Preferences at any point, fetch the Sherlock folder and 'com.apple.Sherlock.plist' file from that backup, and you'll be fine. Also, create a new account (or switch to another existing one), and copy those files from there. Should work for you. You shouldn't need to reinstall anything.