Need *small* backpack for 12" iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by svejar, Oct 19, 2004.

1. svejar macrumors member

First of all: I looked through the sticky, but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Basically, I need a small backpack for my 12" iBook. There are plenty for specialized backpacks out there, but they all seem to be made for people travelling with a 15" PB, eight textbooks, an external harddrive and a small house. Well, I just want a small backpack that I can carry my iBook in, and that will provide adequate protection. To get an idea of what I'm looking for, Samsonite has one. Problem is: I'm not all that excited about Samsonite. Had 4 different suitcases from them and found the build quality to be somewhat "lacking". So the idea of paying $150 to get a backpack from them, is more or less out of the question.

Does anyone know of any other options? My budget is approx. $200, and size is everything.

2. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

Wow, your budget is pretty high for a backpack. You could save the $170 and get the zero shock sleeve and put that in your backpack. It protects, small, fits into a regular backpack, and cheap. Unless you need the backpack/laptop carrying case...