Need some advice. (eBay email)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amacgenius, Apr 2, 2006.

1. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Well, I listed my iMac G5 on eBay today, and later on today I get an email - it's a "Question from eBay member" kind of email, and this is what it said:

Now, the seller of this item is memory-minus and this email came from sorcerydude88 - so obviously not the same guy, yet the "seller" who's email address I've edited in the quote has been corresponding with me, and I thought all was good until I got this email as a reply to one of mine:

I asked him if he'd setup a private auction when the time came through eBay so we're both protected, but after saying that about "his" PayPal account and then looking on the original auction (link) where he obviously accepts PayPal, I've become a little worried, should I be - or not?

This is the first time where I've sensed something isn't too right.

(Dunno if I mentioned this but the whole reason I'm uneasy is because he wants to sell me "his" PowerBook for $750 shipped when "his" original auction ended at $1500, he said the guy "didn't pay".)

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. amacgenius thread starter macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I just sent memory-minus the following question via his original eBay auction:

No response yet, but I bet if I sent edited@cs.com an email I'd get a response :rolleyes: although who knows.

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

it seems like a hi-jacked ebay acct .. the email just doesn't add up right :eek:

no one would wanna take that big of price hit if the 1500.00 deal fell through to sell it again..

4. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

^ I agree.
    Things are not adding up so be very careful.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sounds like a scam amacgenius.

Just way too much shiftiness going on for me to feel comfortable about this situation that you find yourself embroiled in. :eek:

6. Atlasland macrumors 6502

7. amacgenius thread starter macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Just got a reply from the original eBay member:

(Didn't edit the address this time because it's a confirmed scammer.)

This can be locked, or whatever now - thanks for the help!