Need some advice RE: PowerMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MUrhino, Sep 1, 2004.

1. MUrhino macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2003
    Hey everyone. In in light of the recent iMac G5 release, does the current PowerMac lineup seem a bit expensive?

I want a G5, but don't have to have one right now. I'll graduate from college in 1.5 years and then be in the Air Force hopefully at pilot training. I know that having a laptop isn't necessary or a luxury while at pilot training.

Would it be worthwile to go ahead and get a PB w/ a 20" or get a Dual 2 with a 20". The price difference is about $30 in my case and I could always get a G5 PB in a couple of years. I do love my screen real estate, but then who doesn't? Any other suggestions for a new setup are more than welcome. As always thanks for the help!
  2. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004

Well what do you have now? PowerBook vs PowerMac- what are your main uses? What would you rather have portability or power? How long do you expect to keep this computer, if its for like 5 years I would suggest the the pMac g5 because it would a. probably last longer and b. wouldn't be outdated as quick.

Ask your self some of those questions,

i hope that helps