Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loser120588

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
what is all this talk aoubt Aqua and what is it and is aqua going to be removed. If so what is going to replace it. Some pics for an example would be nice thanks. i know this is a dumb question but i just started looking into macs and well i am curious.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Aqua is the theme of the OS X graphical user interface. There's a bit of reading up you can do here.

As for the future of Aqua and will it be replaced – at some point yes, but we can't really say when and what with at this point. Leopard (the next version of OS X) will most likely see changes and refinements to the GUI, but it's almost certain it'll be an evolution of Aqua, not a replacement.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
Aqua is the face of Mac OS X. It's the blue Apple in the top left corner, it's the high-quality icons you see on the dock or when you hit cmd+tab. It's the blue scrolling bar on the side of Safari.

There have been many rumors that Aqua is being replaced by a new look when Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" is released later this year. Many people are predicting it will look like the interface in iTunes 7.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Every version of Mac OS X slightly tweaks the Aqua UI.

I firmly believe it isn't going anywhere. iTunes never had an Aqua UI, dating back to the OS 9 days. Why would this version of iTunes be any more important?

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I would personally love it if Aqua gets replaced with the iTunes 7 interface. Especially with some glossy black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.