Need some exlpaining please

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Loser120588, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Loser120588 macrumors member

what is all this talk aoubt Aqua and what is it and is aqua going to be removed. If so what is going to replace it. Some pics for an example would be nice thanks. i know this is a dumb question but i just started looking into macs and well i am curious.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aqua is the theme of the OS X graphical user interface. There's a bit of reading up you can do here.

As for the future of Aqua and will it be replaced – at some point yes, but we can't really say when and what with at this point. Leopard (the next version of OS X) will most likely see changes and refinements to the GUI, but it's almost certain it'll be an evolution of Aqua, not a replacement.

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

Aqua is the face of Mac OS X. It's the blue Apple in the top left corner, it's the high-quality icons you see on the dock or when you hit cmd+tab. It's the blue scrolling bar on the side of Safari.

There have been many rumors that Aqua is being replaced by a new look when Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" is released later this year. Many people are predicting it will look like the interface in iTunes 7.

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Every version of Mac OS X slightly tweaks the Aqua UI.

I firmly believe it isn't going anywhere. iTunes never had an Aqua UI, dating back to the OS 9 days. Why would this version of iTunes be any more important?

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I would personally love it if Aqua gets replaced with the iTunes 7 interface. Especially with some glossy black.