Need some help about Imovie please.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Alphasatori, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Alphasatori macrumors newbie

hello,

i was using Imovie for a project im workin on.i imported video footage from a dv camera thru Firewire,and everything was cool.i went to open it after i saved it so many times,and it is saying that the project is unreadable...the space is still missing off my hard-drive but its not there.

any help would be nice.

2. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I would recommend you to try it again, if that dose not work i have no idea what it could be (maybe the firewire).

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

Two things:

1) Take a look in the media folder of the project; if the clips are there (I assume they are), try opening one in QuickTime Player. If it's ok, the problem lies in the iMove project file, which is where the important data about the way those clips go together is stored.

2) What version of iMovie are you using? Version 2 had serious problem with project corruption, so I used to make backups of that little project file (not the whole media folder) frequently. Never heard of that happening under version 4, though.

I don't have any real suggestions, though--when I had corrupted projects in the past, the best I could do was make a new project with all the edited media clips, put them back in the right order, and re-do the transitions. Less painful than a complete re-edit, but still not fun.