Need some help from Mac users in Tdot!

Discussion in 'Community' started by rhpenguin, Jun 30, 2004.

1. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Im going to be doing a lot of traveling over the weekend because of Canada Day and whatnot but im kind of in a little bit of a tough spot with my iPod. Im no where close to a place that sells accessories (because im visiting my grandparents in the middle of nowhere) and am in desprate need of a car charger for my iPod. Im going to be in Toronto on Friday for Edgefest and figured i would just try and find someplace close to the Molson Amphitheatre to pick up a car adapter for it so im not totaly bummin when the battery runs out (northern Ontario has really is awful radio). So basically, where am i going to find a Mac store close to Ontario Place?!

Thanks for any help in advance :)

2. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

sorry to be so off-topic, but what's up with the Canadian initial-dot thing? i heard Quebec referred to a Q-dot a few days ago somewhere else, and now T-dot... what gives?

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

<edit> sorry miss read that bit. Your grandparents are in the middle of nowhere!</edit>

So your coming up to Toronto eh, and at edgefest... that puts you fairly close to Downtown so you have several options (there maybe more than I list here, but I'll list the ones I shop at).

The first one I can think of that is closest to the Amplitheater is Computer Systems Centre its on the south west corner of College and Spadina (enter through the college street door or you'll wind up the service centre). The have tons of accessories and the last time I was there plenty of stuff for your iPod.

The next is a shop is Compusmart at the south east corner of Yonge and Richmond. It's mainly a PC store, but they have a sizable Mac presence and lots of iPod accessories.

The next closest would be North Star Computer 49 Elm Street (which is one block north of Bay and Dundas). I haven't been recently so I don't know what thier stock is like but it's another possibility.

I'll give you one more good one...Carbon Computing they are at 772 Queen Street East, which is east of the Don Valley (404) on Queen Street. It's a bit out of the way for you, but if you're not finding the stuff you want, they might have it.

That is all... anybody else?? I'd be interested to know where you guys are going. :)

P.S. for sonofslim... well Toronto is called T.O. for short (pronounced Tee-Oh) and I guess some white-bread hip hop kids started calling it "The T dot" <shudder> I don't like it personally, and don't like the fact that it's spread to Quebec... but all I can do is not use the term. :(

4. evil macrumors 6502

dont go to northstar unless you have to. their prices are terrible.
    i also had a problem with their service department, but that obviously would not affect you.

the place at spadina and college is pretty good, i usually go there.

5. rhpenguin thread starter macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

*excellent*

Im actually up in Halliburton (actually just outside of..) right now chillaxin at the grandparents cottage. We have kinda limited satellite access from one of the neighbours so atleast im not totaly disconected. Been up here since Monday and i really want power back. The cottage is off grid, so i can only charge my laptop through the day and same with my iPod..

But yeah, im leaving Friday so i can go to edgefest and then leave from there to algonquin park :D

So the car adapter for iPod is going to be a necessity. Thanks for all the help finding the mac shops Raid!

If your in London, Ont.. check out Mostly Mac (my shop of choice) or Mac Outpost ... Those are my two options when im back home.

(Yes, i realize that "tdot" sounds totaly stupid, but a long subject looks just as stupid imo... :p)

6. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well I hope your shopping went well... what did you get?