Need some help with my new wireless mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jamesi, Feb 12, 2007.

1. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

I recently bought the logitech cordless desktop S530 Laser for Mac but i cant seem to set it up right. I think it is actually a defect because:

1. the receiver refused to turn on and eventually it did but it wont connect with either the mouse and keyboard
    2. i even tried new batteries, still the same result. mouse connects for a second and then drops. keyboard wont connect at all. i feel like niether the mouse nor the keyboard are staying turned on

does this sound like a defect or am i missing something?

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Go to the Logitech and download and install the latest drivers for OS X 10.4. You will then see the setup for your keyboard and mouse in System Preferences. I had the same issues, and once I got this running it's been a dream. Might also check the batteries...

3. jamesi thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesi

i still cant seem to get i to work. i went to the website and installed the newest logitech control center. but it didnt do anything. my mouse shows up in the menu, but not my keyboard. i can configure my mouse too, but still i cant use it. i press the connect on the reciever then connect on the mouse, then repeate for the keyboard and nothing works. what else can i do?