Need some help with training books

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Apr 23, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I am gonna get some books for Final Cut Pro 4 and DVD Studio Pro 2 and I need some help. Both by PeachPit Press are the Apple Pro Training Books and the QuickPro Visual Books. Anybody care to put in some imput what each one is like, even better if there are some people who have used both in the past and can give me an idea what to get. Thanks

iJon

2. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I think it depends on how familiar you are with FCP

I wouldn't really start with the manuals. I'd start with playing around with FCP. PeachPit's okay, I never cared much for QuickView -- always thumbed through them at the bookstore to see if there was something I was missing and then moved on.

Yeah, if you can just start with FCP, play around with it. Then make a list of things you want to do but can't seem to figure out, go to the bookstore and see which one answers your questions. :D

Best of luck.

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

does peachpit still publlish the mac bible? i wish arthur naimen didnt leave. he was funny:)

4. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

the bibles are still made but i dont know who makes them. ive narrowed it down the two types of books, i would like to preorder them instead of going to bn and looking at them. now i am just wating for some people who have used either of them to give me some advice. i have use the visual books but i dont know if pro series is much better, it may just be a rewritten manual or something, i dont know, thats why i want to know.

iJon