Need some help!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by absolutmp5, May 13, 2005.

1. absolutmp5 macrumors regular

welli just bought the 2.7 powermac g5 witht the standard configuration and im starting to get a little worried. Is apple really going to release a powerful new revision to the powemac line at the developer conference. If they did try to release a new machine like a pro version workstation theyn will the powermac price drop dramatically.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Don't stress, dude: Your machine was announced new what.... 3 weeks ago?

The answers are:

Probably not
    and
    Only Apple knows for sure
    and
    Apple prices never drop dramatically.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

agreed
    and
    agreed
    and
    except for on the aluminum displays. Those prices have really come down!

No worries dude, they wouldn't do back to back PM updates like that. No way.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't think that an update or price drop is very lucky for the Power Mac at WWDC. Although with Apple you never know for sure, they have been doing thing recently that are out of character.

I think that you have just purchased a very solid state of the are Mac. Don't think it will be outdated anytime soon. Besides you are getting the joy of using the terrific Mac.

5. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Yeah, an update will price drop will not be for a while. Only the iBooks (and Powerbooks I hope) need to be updated now. So don't worry. You have a great machine! Add more RAMs to make it a supermachine! :)