need some help

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Foratog, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Foratog macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2002
    Clearwater, Florida
    Ok, I'm trying to convince my mom to get OSX. I need some gooood reasons. Other than for games ^_^.
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
  3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    First of all, I feel games work out better with a PC, so try to avoid that as much as possible.

Second, I think the most obvious reason would be that the Macintosh OS, especially OS X 10.1 and even 10.2, has a much more attractive appearance, than Windows, as well as more well designed software. Tell her how easy it is to use Mail. I have rarely (and I mean rarely) had Mail crash on me. If she will need something to communicate, much like a Chat room, make sure she has a .Mac username, or an AOL username. Then tell her about iChat and how simple iChat works. If she has a busy schedule, tell her about iCal and your personal opinions about iCal.

Third, I would put some background about your personal experience, for whatever applications you feel she will use most. And, of course, act positive when describing how great a Mac can be. :)
  4. MacBandit macrumors 604

Aug 9, 2002
    Springfield, OR (Home of the Simpsons)
    as edesignuk said. Pure and simply stability. Once you go X you will want to piss on 9.
  5. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

May 7, 2001
  6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I think quality, stability, and consistency are very good reasons.

Coming from Mac OS 9.x, stability is such a big thing.

Coming from Windows, all three are an issue.

Coming from UNIX, consistency is the huge deal.
  7. daniel77 macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2002
    seattle, wa