need some itunes help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jakochampolska, Mar 26, 2006.

1. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

I'm trying to buy a song (Gabriel by Najoua Belyzel), its a French song so I tried buying it off of Itunes France but it said they wouldnt take my credit card number because its not French. So then I went to the Itunes USA store and searched for the song, but they dont have it :( Also, I tried Limewire but I couldnt find anything either. And its a pretty popular song in france!
    And I really like this song...
    any advice?

2. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Well this might not be the best solution for you, but if you really really really want the song you could go through Amazon. I tend to buy foreign cds from them a good bit, though it can take up to a month to get the harder to find ones. It took amazon nearly 2 months wait for me to get The Servant's self titled CD from Italy of all places(and no they aren't Italian, guess its the only place they could find it). Though I did buy a few French and an Italian CDs lately that took only a few days to get to me. So its always a toss up.

Well just looked up the one you wanted, for the import CD (I assume its a single, as it doesn't mention other songs) its $7.49 with up to a 6 week wait. :eek: Still, if its your only option its better than none. :D

3. jakochampolska thread starter macrumors 6502

Thankks!!
    Yeah I think I'm gonna try amazon, I really like the song. Didnt amazon have a download thing like itunes? I dunno, but I'll see.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The only workaround I know of to this, short of making up a French address, is to get a gift card that was purchased in France. I know that with iTMS Japan, these cards are available at specialty stores that sell Japanese music. Might be similar things for France. Of course, you gotta hurry, before Apple withdraws from the French market! :eek: ;) :D