Need some purchasing help with a 24 inch iMac..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by FF_productions, Jan 26, 2007.

  1. FF_productions macrumors 68030

    FF_productions

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    #1
    After giving my dad a spin at the Apple Store, I showed him the 17 inch, 20 inch, and then the 24 inch monster iMac.

    Now he wants the 24 inch iMac...in a month or so.

    Should we wait longer for Leopard? Are there any processor updates I should be looking for?

    My dad is looking to go top-of-the-line with this iMac, he only wants the best! I've finally convinced him that OSX is the way to go..along with Parallels of course.:p

    AND...anybody with a 24 inch iMac, could you tell me how it is owning such a beast?
     
  2. FF_productions thread starter macrumors 68030

    FF_productions

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
  3. damien341 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2006
    Location:
    lower saxony, germany
    #3
    buy now if you need it now. it's one hell of a machine... you can upgrade to leopard later. don't wait if money doesn't play a role.

    on the other hand the next imac update isn't too far away, have a look at the macrumors buyer's guide. so, you can't go wrong with any decision.
     
  4. devman macrumors 65816

    devman

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2004
    Location:
    AU
    #4
    I wouldn't. Leopard is months away, not weeks, IMHO.

    I don't know. Sorry.

    I recently switched my Dad to an iMac and parallels. He LOVES it. He got the 20" iMac, but now that he has it he regrets not getting the 24".
     
  5. FF_productions thread starter macrumors 68030

    FF_productions

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2005
    Location:
    Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    #5
    I looked at the buyer guides and there hasn't been any rumors for the iMac and it is pretty neutral right now.

    These iMac's seem plenty fast, they are about 7x faster than the Powerbook I'm typing on...I hope my dad goes ahead with his decision and gets this iMac.
     
  6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #6
    If he needs it, get it. Leopard might not be out until late as June.
     
  7. Liong612 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2006
    #7
    You should buy it now

    I understand that the upcoming Leopard is very exciting release and everybody likes to have it (including me). However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tiger. Tiger is a very stable version of Mac OS and it is very fast with the current machine. So, yes, definitely but it now.
     
  8. queshy macrumors 68040

    queshy

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2005
    #8
    Get it now. With student discount (if you apply for one...), Leopard will be pretty cheap. And lets say it cost $100, if you keep the machine for 4 years after that...it's 25$ a year....around 2 bucks a month! Get what you need,and get it now. Get the 24". If youre already spending this much cash, might as well g et the one you really want. When I go to the store, the 20" and the 17" look like peanuts compared to the 24!
     

Share This Page