Need suggestions for installing filters

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by mulze22, Dec 14, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Allright. I downloaded a cool Night Scope filter but I can't seem to bring it up in Photoshop. I have no clue why. I put it in my filters folder and it will still not show up. Do I have to install it some special way or should it just load. I have CS2 if that helps. Thanks.
    Mike

2. macrumors 6502a

cgratti

I think it goes into your "Plug-ins" folder... not the Filter folder.
    All my plugins are in the PLUG-IN folder as shown in the attachment.

Attached Files:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, so I put my plug-ing in my Plug-in folder but when I looked in my Filters menu and looked in all the sub menus I could not find my Night Scope one. Also Photoshop is not letting me open my Filter Gallery, is there something wrong with that too?

4. macrumors 6502a

cgratti

after copying the filters, you need to close and restart photoshop.

is this a free filter? if it's a free download, send it to me and I can install it and tell you where and how it works, or just give me the link..

PM me and let me know if you want to do it, and I can reply with my email.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I'm going to take you up on this deal. I'm at school right now at but when I get home in about an hour and a half I will PM you. Actually I will PM you right now so I can send it to you when I get home. Thanks man.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed It!

I was fooling around with the settings in Photoshop when I was making a new project and then I fooled around with the color mode and set it to RGB and clicked OK. Every filter showed up including the filter gallery. Thanks for all the help.