Need to build a website, and fast...

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Smileyguy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Hello, am in a bit of a pickle. I need to build a simple, good-looking website very fast, but I have no HTML skills whatsoever. I remember reading a review in a Mac magazine of a shareware program that could build customised, attractive websites. I specifically remember the reviewer being so impressed with the program that he gave it five stars. Anyone know of such a program?

2. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

iWeb :D

3. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Check out Template Monster if you want a quick nice looking web sites it's worth a look

4. macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

On a a related note, are there any logo-design shareware programs out there for macs?

6. macrumors 6502

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Two quick questions about iWeb. Firstly, how complex can websites created with it be? Can they contain five or six different pages? Secondly, can websites created with it be published anywhere or only on the .mac server?

8. pjo
    macrumors regular

well, you could always find out for yourself (apple.com).

9. zim
    macrumors 65816

zim

No html knowledge, need it fast, then I would suggest either iWeb from apple or Sandvox from Karelia. You don't need any html knowledge to use either of those and you can get as complex as you need. Of the two I prefer iWeb but Sandvox has some nice features like custom templets etc. Only your own creative ability will be the doorstop to complexity.. but always remember, simple is better KISS (keep it simple stupid).

10. macrumors newbie

You might also try this link for basic, open source templates. Most of them are either valid XHTML 1.0 Strict, XHTML 1.0 Transitional, or XHTML 1.1.

http://www.oswd.org/