Need to buy my first laser printer...well, 1st printer.....advice needed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by arcsbite, Aug 20, 2006.

1. arcsbite Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I've had a lexmark printer that was given to me about 2 years ago, it's's crapper than crap.

I need a printer, A shiny new laser printer, but I'm on a budget...of a couple of hundred pounds (about $300)

I've been using a friends xerox DC12 for the past 12 months for my Uni work, but as I don't have £15,000 to buy one of those, I need something a little..smaller.

I will be mostly printing DVD covers, photoshop work for Uni coursework and the like, probably some photo's too (on regular paper, not photo paper)

I have never actually bought a printer and will probably be taken for a ride at a store, so, pelase...any advice?

worried i'm gonna get sold a lemon.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    I've got my eye on a Dell (yes a Dell) colour laser. They offer pretty exceptional value for money, are networkable out of the box and seem to be pretty well made!

They currently offer 3 models in the UK.

Whilst it's slightly over your price range I'd go for the middle one as it ships with much larger (and fully filled) tonner modules. These are worth the price difference alone! The rest of the improvements are just icing on the cake :D
  3. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    I think Brother makes good laser printers. The b/w ones are really cheap too!