Need to buy my new mac real soon

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wolfte, Mar 18, 2004.

1. wolfte macrumors newbie

I have a question. I'm planning to purchase a new G5 and a 20" cinema display from the the ADC Apple store. I need to purchase it very soon because my ADC discount will expire on march 31st. If I put in my order this week and it isn't schedualed to ship until after the 23rd and they update the G5s and displays or lower the prices on the 23rd will i get the upgrade or the lower prices?

2. iRobert macrumors newbie

iRobert

I believe you'll get the machine you ordered for the price you ordered.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Don't you get until the 31st to order (as opposed to having it delivered by then)? If so, why aren't you waiting until the last possible minute? All the rumors are pointing to announcements the 23rd and/or 30th, and, aside from a week and a half of "lost time", you lose nothing by waiting.

4. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Easy Tiger. Kepp a'hold of your moola.

The word on the wind has whispers of imminent upgrades. I'd wait until the final moment.

5. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i'd call apple and make sure if it's the order date or the delivery date that's used for discounts. i'd think it's the former, but who knows?

if/when PM gets updated, there'll be a rush of orders and machines may not ship for quite some time afterwards. so i'd definitely call to make sure and not take a chance...