Need to develop Table for settings like Build section in Project settings

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by i.yalovecky, Aug 31, 2010.

1. macrumors member

From what i need to start? May i do it with TableView or better from scratch? May be somewhere exist something like this?

2. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

If you want the collapsible style then you'll need an NSOutlineView. It looks like you might be able to use outlineView:dataCellForTableColumn:item: to get the full row appearance that Xcode uses for each setting group (e.g. Architectures, Build Locations, etc.) with a custom NSCell.

Everything else looks fairly standard though.

3. Moderator emeritus

kainjow

So this is actually really easy to do. I didn't know that the gray group header style is already built-in (new in 10.5). You just need to implement outlineView:isGroupItem:. But in order to get it to look *exactly* like Xcode you need to implement outlineView:dataCellForTableColumn:item: as well and return an NSTextFieldCell. No custom classes required.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Great thanks, now im trying to do my task with OutlineView, for that purpose i explore DragNDropOutlineView example. And now i confused with one problem. I populate OutlineView through [SRC]
    - (NSArray *)childrenForItem:(id)item {
    if (item == nil) {
    return [rootTreeNode childNodes];
    } else {
    return [item childNodes];
    }
    }

- (id)outlineView:(NSOutlineView *)outlineView child:(NSInteger)index ofItem:(id)item {
    // 'item' may potentially be nil for the root item.
    NSArray *children = [self childrenForItem:item];
    // This will return an NSTreeNode with our model object as the representedObject
    return [children objectAtIndex:index];
    }
    [/SRC]
    Top level showed pretty well, but with next i have EXC_BAD_ACCESS, and its really bad, its retuen NSTreeNode object with my DSimpleNodeData in representedObject, but no data there((

But it was inserted, im sure

5. thread starter macrumors member

Huh, it was problem in my init. Three hours wasted))