Need to dump my Zen Micro music onto MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PippinTheJedi, Jan 3, 2007.

1. PippinTheJedi macrumors member

Hey all. I need help getting my Zen Micro's songs onto my new MacBook. I download XNJB but couldn't figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get all my PC stuff moved over before Christmas break is over.

2. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

hmmm dont know how much help you'd find here, i assume most users have an iPod

3. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

Could you go to a public library, use a PC, and dump the songs on it into a jump drive or something? That's what I'd do.

4. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

I'm posting because I have a feeling you were just uncertain about installing the application, so let's see if we can get a solution. Plus, I see you have already asked this question once before and didn't receive a reply, so. Mind, I don't have a Zen Micro, but you said you downloaded XNJB and didn't know what to do. First thing's first, check the supported device list, and confirm that your version of the Zen Micro is supported. If you're certain that it is, then:

To install:
    1. Download it.
    2. Go to the location where you downloaded it, and double click the file.
    3. Another file will appear in the same location, probably called xnjb-1.4.3, double click this.
    4. You should now see an XNJB "disk" appear on your desktop -- open it and drag XNJB.app into your Applications folder.
    5. Read the documentation on the disk image and then go to your Applications folder and run XNJB.app

To run (here's where I'm going to be flakey):
    1. Read the FAQ, check the screenshots.
    2. Plug your Zen Micro into the USB port of your machine and click Connect. If it successfully connects, it should list your Music in the Music tab.
    3. You can browse your hard drive using the bottom portion of the window. This is where you select where you want to save your music. You can use the up and down arrows to transfer music to or from your Zen Micro. The up arrow will place music from your computer to the Zen Micro, the down arrow will place music from the Zen Micro to your selected location.
    You may also wish to consult their support forums for further guidance. (not that there isn't someone here who can't assist you further) :)

5. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

why not just download the parallels beta, install xp sp2 (any disc, any key) as this would give you the 10 days for the beta trail, and xp will run for 30 days without activation... it will just beat you silly with the 'wanna activate now?!' pop-up box. install the zen/windows stuff, download the music, drag it to the mac hard drive, done. lots of work, but all free, and free is good. :)

6. PippinTheJedi thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all so, so, very much. Lixivial, I'll have to try that. Mine is supported, so thanks.

And 4JNA, I was actually thinking about that, but the only Windows disc I have is a Dell disc, and from my understanding it won't run unless it's a version of windows puchased on its own. I could be wrong though, and probably am. :p Thank you all the same!:D