need to get a bag

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, Dec 30, 2006.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

i've been looking for a black version of this Gap single strap backpack... but gap doesn't make them anymore and all the ones on ebay are not black. does anyone know where i can find one that look something like this? ps. i attached a pick. thanks in adv. for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Lau Guest

If you can cope with the prices, Manhattan Portage make nice ones. The one I bought due to the rather spectacular $/£ exchange rate has lasted well in spite of heinous abuse from my evil self.

3. Saluki Alex macrumors 6502

I think I may have that backpack in black in my attic. I'm not sure what kind of condition it's in, but I remember getting it from the Gap several years back. I'll go check in a min.

4. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Sorry to be perhaps a little off topic, but I was curious. I'm an old man and I'm not with it but what happened to the single-strap bags which were everywhere a few years back? They seemed like an excellent design to me given that many people (and even me sometimes) wears a regular backpack with only one strap slung.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i think i have that bag in a grey color if you can't find it in black. let me know and i can find it get get you pictures of it sometime.

7. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

I find with a normal backpack it is a bit of a nuisance with one strap as it keeps trying to swing forward. Hence my choice as two straps so that it can be worn on your back and a proper shoulder strap when you want a quick on-off.

8. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

was wondering if you found the bag =)

9. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

i find that a backpack with a pea coat looks kind of odd... a messanger is space effiecient, its also bad for your spinal column. this, this is a happy medium...

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Can't you get a sports messenger bag that stays close to the body, and just wear it on your back instead of your side?

11. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

no still weird and smaller