Need to get songs off PC formatted iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Maxington, Jan 6, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Any good software to get the songs off a PC formatted iPod? The original computer crashed and wiped all the songs, but they are still on the iPod?

I have access to windows via parallels and mac...

Zoinks.

2. macrumors newbie

you don't need software if you just want to get all of the songs off. In windows just go to "my computer", double click on the icon for your ipod (assuming you have disc mode enabled) and then go to the "tools" menu at the top and select "folder options" then under the views tab check "view hidden files and folders" and uncheck "hide protected operating system files". After you click ok you will be able to see some more folders I believe the music is in the ipod cache folder the music will be named funny but if you add it to itunes and let it copy it into the itunes music folder it will rename them using the meta data which should be intact.

3. macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Try this, it worked great for me.

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 68040

plinden

You don't need access to Windows to get songs off a Windows formatted PC. Your Mac can read it ok. Easiest thing is to use the Senuti trial.... edit: like WPB2 said.

Edit: it's also possible to get songs off an iPod without any extra software but it needs some Terminal work ...

5. macrumors 6502a

WPB2

I believe what he is trying to do is get songs off iPod that has no computer counter part. I did Senuti, its free and worked for a windows ipod to transfer songs to my mac.

6. macrumors member

7. macrumors 6502

cdcastillo

+1