Need to Install Program from restore Disk????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jwp1964, May 29, 2005.

1. jwp1964 macrumors regular

I have a question regarding Appleworks? Recently my HD and logic board were replaced by Apple. My original HD was running 10.3.9 and all software that came on the original "Software Restore" Disk, including Appleworks. When the computer was in for service I had them install Tiger. Now I would like to install Appleworks from my original restore disk (10.3.?), but I don't know how to do it or if it is possible. I am not a power user so please be gentle if I have asked a stupid question. :confused:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If putting the install disk in and running the "optional installs" type of package file that's in it doesn't work, then try Pacifist, which is designed to let you install any specific program from the install disks....

3. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

This happened to me as well. Now I don't have my Restore disk with me at the moment, so if these instructions aren't detailed enough, maybe someone else can give it a go. ;)

First pop the Panther Software Restore Disk into the cd drive. Open it up and there should be an icon to the affect of install applications and software. Run that one.

Then its just a matter of following the prompts. First it will install an installer if you dont already have it. Then it will go through the process of asking which software packages you want installed.

With my restore discs at least, you couldn't just choose to install Appleworks alone, but it will install it with a few other programs(which you can just delete if you dont want them.)

4. jwp1964 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that did it!

I was a little nervous because there were several steps to click through, but I made the right guesses!!!! thanks for the quick replies. :D