Need to know in-store price of this router! Please reply soon.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Crimsonscyes, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Crimsonscyes macrumors newbie

I'm going out to buy a Netgear Wireless Router (WGR614) from Circuit City tomorrow but every site I went to to check the price has some kind of savings attached to it so I dont know if $40 is the actual price for it in the store. Some online stores have it for $60 like Compusa and others have rebates for it etc. so I dont know how much it would be at the actual store. I would call them but our phones havnt been working. Has anyone bought one recently or knows what the in-store price for this router is? Please reply soon! Thanks! :)

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. Crimsonscyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant how much is it if you actually go to the store to buy it. If you click on the circuit city price on pricegrabber itll say "$40 after $90 savings" but is that only online or is it $40 in the actual store if I go there? Every site is different like Compusa says its $40 but only after a $20 rebate. So I just wanted to know if anyones recently bought one or knows how much it is at a actual store (not a online store)

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Well some stores have rebates at the stores and some have ones you have to mail in. Example if CompUSA has one for sale for 50.00 and a rebate for 10.00 means you pay 60.00 and the 10.00 you will get from mailing in the receipt. Does that help?

5. Crimsonscyes thread starter macrumors newbie

A little. What would you say the price is at circuit city by looking at their page? It doesnt look like they are doing a rebate or anything but their site says $90 savings. Do you think the $90 savings applies in-store too or just online?

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Is this what you are looking at. Now there is no tax on this because I live in a tax free state so 39.99 is what I would pay picked up or shipped to me

7. Crimsonscyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I was looking at the price in the cart and it said $90 savings but yea I guess it would still be $40 if your buying it online with in-store pickup. Thanks Reflow I was getting kind of nervous about it being $100 more than I expected :D

8. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Well I did order something from them a while back and did the online thing and they did hold it at the store for me to pick it up. If I remember correctly you print out a page with your conformation and price on it. So you know what you are paying. Good luck with your purchase... :D

9. Crimsonscyes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again Reflow :D I hope this router ends up being worth it lol

10. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Sure thing. Just make sure you put some security on it and if you need and help hooking it up just let us know