Need to make a Poster for a Confrence

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fh2level, Feb 23, 2006.

1. fh2level macrumors regular

fh2level

I have been tasked to make a poster that will be displayed at an International confrence. What would be the best program to use for this? Talking ease and quality. Pages? QuarkExpress?:confused:

2. iShane macrumors 6502a

If I were you I would just skip making it by computer and make it by hand. It may even look more professional if you do it by hand. You could try like using WordArt and stuff on the computer but like you could overlay contrasting colors of construction paper and just small stuff like that to make your poster really stand out. I know this isn't near the same thing but I had to do a report on an invention a few months back and I did computers :)D ) and I used a large white sheet of construction paper, then put orange on top of the white and blue on top of the orange and then I outlined my pictures and paragraphs in white I believe and my teacher liked it so much he hung it on the front board. My usual GPA for social studies is mid-high 80's and for this quarter I got a 98 :eek:. I personally believe that it was because of the poster.

3. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Quark would be better than pages, but somthing like Indesign/Illustrator/Photoshop would be better whan Quak (IMO),

Depending on the software you have, I'd use Photoshop (seems like a lot of people have it).

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Until your rasterized type comes out all nice and jaggy.

How many A1 posters and pull-up ACE banners did I do last week with a combination of Quark & Photoshop? Only half a dozen...

The real question should be: Is this artwork I'm taking to a printer, or am I running it out on my laser/photocopier?

If it's going to a printer, then use a pro tool like Illustrator, InDesign or Quark but work in CMYK. If you're running it out at home/college, Pages or even (as someone here suggested once) Powerpoint can be OK for basic layout.

5. SamMiller0 macrumors member

SamMiller0

I use OmniGraffle for my conference posters. I've also used an old version of Macromedia Freehand, and Microsoft Powerpoint in a pinch.

6. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Interesting how you post the exact same advice nearly verbatim, yet attempt to make my advice seem incorrect.

Did you read my post?