Need To Return An iPod shuffle...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by LaMerVipere, Feb 23, 2005.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    I just bought it today and it...just doesn't do it for me. I don't care for the feel of it and it seems cheapily made, anyway...

does anyone know how much I'll be docked for returning it open box? 10 percent? 15 percent? :confused:
  2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2004
    Apple's Site says 10%.
  3. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Jan 11, 2005
    East Coast
    You feel it was cheaply made? I felt the same way. After waiting for two weeks I finally was at my local Apple store while they had just a few shuffles in. I quickly snagged one.

Got home and noticed there was a small chip in the top corner not to mention the slider on the back was loose and the click wheel was very loose. I tried to live with it but it was unacceptable after 24 hours of using it.

I called them up telling my local apple store the problem. They told me they would put me on the list. I said ok, well how long is that list. They replied with around 300 people. I said no no... listen I already did this waiting process, after talking with the guy for a few minutes he agreed once they came in again he would grab one and put my name on it. I said great and I gave him my information and that was it.

Five minutes later I get a call from the guy from the Apple store. To my pleasent surprise he told me they had ONE left on hold for someone who never showed up. I came in the next day and made a quick painless exchange even though the manager tried to get me for that 10% restocking fee (nice try) which didn't fly with me. It was very quickly handled and afterwards I figured I would just look around because I had a few minutes. I found they also just that day got the new Shuffle docks in, awesome! I purchased one and went on my way with my new shuffle, shuffle dock and Apple bag. :)

Once home I found the shuffle built perfectly comparing to the other one which I can now deffiently say was defective.

All in all I was a happy customer in the end of things. I am happy with Apple and the shuffle.

So what I'm saying is if you have a shuffle that you think is crap, return it! Get another one and see if that fixing it. 99% of the time it will. :)
  4. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2002
    Eugene, OR
    there must be poor quality control on the shuffles. The 1GB stamp on my USB plug is way off to the side. and the plug isn't aligned straight with the body. When I put on the cap, some bend is visible. Also why is the shuffle so loose in the USB ports?