Need to Unlock iPhone 5 (Flight tomorrow)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M-B-P, Dec 21, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

May 15, 2010

My family and I are traveling oversees tomorrow and we need to unlock 4 (four) iPhone 5.

I have done some research online and thus far have found mostly scam websites. I have found a few seemingly reputable ebay sellers such as "unlock_fusion" but the problem is that they won't accept buyer's with no buyer rating and I have never brought anything from ebay.
    Has anyone here with no buyer rating successfully purchased an unlock code from "unlock_fusion" or any other seller that requires a buyer rating?

Can someone provide me with any other alternatives? We are traveling tomorrow and need to have these iPhones unlocked to use them oversees.

Please help if you can, it will be greatly appreciated.
  2. macrumors 6502

Apr 3, 2010
    I Bought with no ratings. You should have no issues as long as you follow the instructions.

3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2008
    Dallas Metroplex
    Find a family member or friend who has a buyer's rating and ask them to buy the unlocks for you. Just supply them with the ESN numbers and the money. Easy as pie. :D
  4. macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2012
  5. macrumors 68040

Oct 21, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Purchase the unlock as a "guest" and you should be good to, like stated above.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2010
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

May 15, 2010

Thank you for your replies JCCL,Vudoo, misterjay, and KoukiFC3S!

I just called them and I think I'll go ahead and process the order. They said I should have instructions for unlocking today or at latest tomorrow.

Hope you guys enjoy the holidays :)!
  8. thread starter macrumors regular

May 15, 2010

Just an update.

I went along with and they charged about $10/unlock.

They were available for help and responsive to emails. I did indeed have my phone unlocked within 24 hours. Just make sure to check your spam folder if you don't see any instructions in your inbox.

Also, I didn't even need to do a backup/system restore to get the foreign sim to work, so that was also a plus. So I would recommend them to someone who needs their sims unlocked by a reputable company.
  9. macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2013
    NY, USA
    Hi bro, What is your original carrier that your device is locked to ?