Need Urgent Help: xbox live via mac!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by stagecustom, Feb 12, 2007.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

Hey guys, i used to have my xbox hooked up to live via internet sharing through my mac, i followed the easy steps on this link: http://www.slightlyremarkable.com/2006/04/xbox-live-via-mac

and everything worked perfectly, only problem, is now i have a new 360 (old one broke) and.... the site isn't up anymore. does anyone have the exact steps anywhere? i remember having to enter in ip's into the 360 manually.

please help, as i have lost enough xbox live time with them taking over a month to replace my 360.

THANKS GUYS!

:apple:

2. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, so far so good, and i happen to have connect360 working with just an ethernet cable! and it says it hasn't found my 360, but my 360 is picking up the streamed stuff.

Cheers guys. i am now back into gears of war, I still haven't beat this game with school and sports etc. but i'm sure between home work this week i will.

thanks.

:apple: :) :D

3. Sharpsk8101 macrumors newbie

4. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

no idea, try it i would say, i would assume it would, im not 100%, are there network prefs in the original xbox, cause you have to manually set them. let me know how it goes.

p.s bumps are a not allowed.. just an FYI.

5. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I tried following that guide and I cannot get my 360 to connect to Live no matter what I try. It kept erroring out on the DNS test, I changed some stuff, and now it gets stuck on the MTU test. I went into the Ethernet settings and made sure the MTU is at least 1500 and it is, still the same error.

This is ridiculous. I don't see why I can't just connect via Ethernet, share the connection, and have a go.