Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UrsaMajor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Well, I use my Macbook a lot and has a crack near the touch pad and lost a piece of plastic near the handrest. PLUS the white is too smudged to clean anymore. Where can I find a new keyboard casing OR aftermarket deal that would cover up these issues.

thanks in advance.

prawnballs

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2006
Well, I use my Macbook a lot and has a crack near the touch pad and lost a piece of plastic near the handrest. PLUS the white is too smudged to clean anymore. Where can I find a new keyboard casing OR aftermarket deal that would cover up these issues.

thanks in advance.

Is the crack in the same place as the Macbooks in this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/230291/

If so it looks like a common problem. I took mine into the Apple store and they changed the top casing and the screen bezel due to the crack and the discolouring on the palm rest. Might be worth seeing if you can get it changed under warranty :)

UrsaMajor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Is the crack in the same place as the Macbooks in this thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/230291/

If so it looks like a common problem. I took mine into the Apple store and they changed the top casing and the screen bezel due to the crack and the discolouring on the palm rest. Might be worth seeing if you can get it changed under warranty :)

It's EXATLY where those photos put it. Right where the LCD line bumps connect when lid is closed. Apple just replaced my Battery after I called and said it stopped charging. I have a few months on warranty. Is this something I can drop off at wait for at an apple store? or is it a mail away issue?

Jwalker9

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2006
mail it away. it will be back quickly. Same problem with mine and it was back in 3 days

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.