need windwaker help

Discussion in 'Games' started by furcalchick, Jan 22, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i've been playing windwaker for a while and i got to ganon. it's like the final boss (the puppet on a strings boss) and apparently, i can't do any damage on him, i've tried everything.

what i got so far is hitting the strings expect the ones on the horn, then trying to aim an arrow in his mouth i think. am i wrong? how do i inflict damage on this guy? i spent like 4 hours trying to figure this out with no results the other day.

thanks for your help.

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'm not entirely sure since I it has been awhile since I finished the game, but I believe for the part you are asking about you need to throw bombs in his mouth, not shoot arrows in it.

Have fun, you have a couple more sub-bosses like this one before you go to the actual Ganon fight! :)

3. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/zelda_wind_waker_boss.txt

I remember when fighting these bosses, on the worm one, I ended up using some of the platforms near the walls to go high up and I shot him with arrows from the platforms above him, while he was rolling around like a crackhead on the floor below, rather than trying to fight him with my sword.

I'd recommend this strategy as well for you; it makes it easier to fight him this way because you're above him where he can't hit you...the only problem you may have is running low on arrows. I was really greedy with the pots with the refills...I only busted them if I needed the refills, so I was able to get refills of arrows with the leftover pots on the platforms.

Good luck :D

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

That sounds right, I definitely recall having to whack some things tail... heh

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

OK!!!!!!!!!

You must use the boomerang and cut all the cutable strings then shoot his Blue ball on his tail with a LIGHT ARROW!

Do that like 3 times and he will become a spider, use the water as a mirror to see where he lands then shoot the blue ball with a LIGHT ARROW three times!

Last form is a snake and you just has too shoot his tail with a LIGHT arrow three times. but he moves super fast so shoot his head with a light arrow first to stun him!

6. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

beat ganon!!!

thanks guys!! it seems like you feel so stupid after realizing it was so easy. that was pretty much the only thing i didn't do. doh!!!

and btw, beat the final boss (despite tetra being a poor shot), and the ending to windwaker is very interesting (although i think just about everyone knows it by now).

7. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

This was uber hard for me too. Don't feel bad. ;)

8. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I pre-ordered Wind Waker, and I just beat it about 6 weeks ago. Sad, huh?:)

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

:eek:

That's funny. I bought it two years after it came out and finished it a last year. :D

10. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

It took me FOREVER to beat it as well. Like, I just finished it a few weeks before I got a Wii and Twilight Princess.

I'm glad I finished it before I got Twilight Princess, because I'm sure it would have taken me another 6 months to get back around to it.

Never was that interested in Windwaker. A true low point for me in terms of Zelda games.