need your advises about buying a powerbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ononon, Feb 27, 2005.

1. ononon macrumors newbie

There is 17inch powerbook in ebay:
    Processor: 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
    Screen Size: 17” XGA LCD
    Memory: 512MB DDR SDRAM, 512KB - L2 Cache
    Hard Drive: 80 GB Ultra ATA drive
    Integrated Features: SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW), V.92 Modem, 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet (Gigabit), ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 64MB
    Weight: 6.8 lbs.
    Included Operating System: Mac OS X version 10.3 “Panthe

The sell also offers a Apple Cinema HD Display 23-inch TFTwith this powerbook .

current price is $700, buy is now is $2499. And the seller only has 1 feeback, but he offers a local pick up.

There is no pics, but i did email the seller ask for some pics and also ask if this powerbook still under apple's warranty. Seller havent replied me yet.

Do you guys know how can i test how the powerbook realy performances like when i pick up it.

I am not sure it is a fraud or not, the price is just so cheap. and advise on it?

Thanks, tony!

2. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

3. ononon thread starter macrumors newbie

no, i am not, but really really want to get a mac computer. And i do not know much about mac , so i ask for your advises.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Why is all the pricing in US$, but the item listed as being in "Alton, Hants, United Kingdon", and the guy will not ship, only to face to face delivery. That seems very odd.

6. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

reason i ask is because I was wondering if you knew any of the menus or anything. If i were buying one, retail or peer-to-peer the first thing i would do is check to be sure that the RAM and Processor that were sold to you are actually the ones that you bought. You can do this via the apple in the top left hand corner > "about this mac" then you can go > "more info..." > and check PCI/APG Cards for the Specified Vid card and ATA for the CD-RW/DVD-RW (superdrive)...

hope this helps... good luck...