Needspecific e-mail software ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mymemory, Jun 3, 2003.

1. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hi,

I need an e-mail software that can handle html, I mean, a client asked me for an e-mail news letter with pictures and stuff, just like the Apple News Letter

¿What software can I use to do that under 9 or X?

Thank you very much.

2. pEZ macrumors 6502

You can use anything that will create HTML, and then send out the page as an attachment from your e-mail client. You just have to make sure that all of the images that you use are on a remote server, and link to them on the server when you create the page. I can use Dreamweaver to do this, GoLive, Freeway, etc. will do this too. If you know HTML, you can also just type out the code in a word processing application that supports HTML export.

Did this help?

edit: Additionally, to test it, just e-mail it to yourself - it will look like you're sending the file but when you receive it, the html will show up, not just the file.

3. mymemory thread starter macrumors 68020

mymemory

I did that already, I took a web site, save it as a Web Archive in Explorer and attached the file to a mail. I sent it to myself and I got it as an attachment!

I haven't attach html documents like that bucause I do not know how to asign the pictures if they are in the web.

I just wrote to a friend and he told me there are applications for that.

4. cubist macrumors 68020

Write a Java program to send data to SMTP. The pictures still have to be accessible through the web, AFAIK.

5. Codemonkey macrumors 6502

Depending on your needs, an ASP (Application Service Provider) might be a better solution?

Here's one that offers a free personal/trial service: http://www.mymailout.com/

For things like newsletters it's jam-packed with features to help out with your marketing campaign.

We use it for our industry-related monthly newsletterm, and it works like a charm.

HTH!