Neo Culpa

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Nov 4, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

vanity fair

wow. wow wow wow.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

These guys find it remarkably easy to exculpate themselves, don't they? You don't fight a war with the President you wish you had, you fight it with the one you've got, to paraphrase some loser or other. Bad judgment seems to be pervasive.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The B.S. in all of this is this guy putting all this out after another election instead of before one. That alone tells me something about the authors true allegiance.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, and i found it fascinating.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I actually started to do a point-by-point rebuttal of some of the article, but it all comes down to this:

The neocons are the reason the Republican party is going to lose this election. There is going to be a ton of finger-pointing after Nov. 7.

If this war keeps going to hell and we finally lose it, there are going to be even more recriminations.

Either way, the controlling neocon branch of the Republican party will be either crippled or all but dead.

I actually almost feel sorry for Bush. Already people are trying to blame these disasters entirely on him, as if he were the mastermind plotting out this whole neocon world view and Cheney, Rummy, Wolfowitz, Rove and the others were merely drones carrying out his orders. Please!! If anything, it's the other way around.

But these clowns refuse to recognize that it's their own damned fault!! They refuse to look in the mirror and admit that their world view has been nothing more than a fantasy, their plans doomed from the start.

Of course, Bush is to blame in one way: he is not a strong leader, he is a tool. He has not recognized the sheer incompetence (and believe me, that's too mild a word) of the people he's surrounded himself with.

And that, my friends, is the danger of electing a stupid man as your leader.

But we like to elect stupid people in this country, because as voters keep saying every election, "We want someone whom we feel is just like us." Well, what does that say about "us"? [​IMG]

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

don't. he's the kid who overcharges you a nickel on the fries and thinks he's won.

8. aquajet macrumors 68020

No ****ing joke.

Can't wait to read the rest of it.

Clever title, BTW.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I read a summary of this article in the LA Times this morning. Makes for some interesting reading. But rats abandoning a sinking ship? Nothing so novel going on there.

10. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i thought so, too. wish i'd made it up :) (it's the VF article title)

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

What's fascinating to me is that so many Congressional campaigns host befuddled Republicans. They cannot believe that they're going to lose.
    They're trying everything to sell their message and scare the public but the public's not buying it anymore and they're totally at a loss as to why this is happening.

And it hits me: the past six years of leadership have been all about selling it. It was never ever about performance at all, but the glossy package it came in. They've been doing close to or less than nothing for six years now, which is unbelievable considering they've had full control of the entire government in that time. And now that enough people have realised this the GOP is blaming the marketing department (or the consumer for not understanding the product). They don't seem to think for one ****ing minute that they've been underperforming in the worst way with no excuses.

Too many of these lifeless sacks of **** have thought for too long that running the government consists of winning the election and reelection and then

As (Neeson as) Schindler says, "not the work, not the work -- the presentation".

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

As the old saying goes, "sell the sizzle and not the steak." You can only do that for so long. Eventually people will realize that they can't eat sizzle.

13. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

to be fair, the author doesn't decide when to publish. Though the allegiances of the publisher/owner might be suspect. This is the company that owns Vanity Fair. "Major Media Conglomerate" is putting it lightly...

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Shouldn't that be "shizzle"?

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

And that's what's so pathetic. They have no idea that their "message" is completely hollow. The entire party is all hat and no cattle.

I never thought I'd see the day where the public would stop buying into the Republicans' crapola. That's one of the reasons, two years ago, I started to think about whether I wanted to even live in this country anymore.

That's not to say that true liberalism is going to enjoy a resurgence or that this upcoming Congress is going to start doing things like legalizing gay marriage...but at least it's a step in the right direction, from a country that has been going in the wrong direction (with but an eight-year respite) for a quarter of a century now.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I would have said patsy, but I like your way better. :D