neo office

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bokdol, Jun 8, 2006.

1. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

just wanted to tell people that neooffice is great. downloaded it for my g4 and it runs great. a but slow but great. it opend all of my excel files and word doc. other then the speed, it's a great alternantive for office. it even opens powerpoint files too.

so other then the speed issue i think people should really look into it as a free alternative to office. also they are working on an intel native version. hope it comes out soon.

http://www.neooffice.org/

edit:
    the intel version is out

2. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Thanks for the heads up but many many people have discussed this already in the forums. A quick search yields numerous results.

3. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Nothing wrong with more eondorsements for a good open source project. :)

4. applefan macrumors regular

The 2.0 Alpha is pretty nice. It gives Mac users the same functionality that Windows and Linux users have with openoffice.org. The database app is a nice addition.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

I was fired up about the potential for a simple AppleWorks-style database app replacement, but sadly the NeoOffice/OOO DB was just too confusing for a novice user to set up easily. I like the concept of it running off a real DB backend, but in pratice it was too much power, not enough ease.

Where have all the "Works"-style databases gone? There's still a market for those things, you know!

6. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Fair enough.