NeoCons loosing grip on reality

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Feb 19, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2004

A very interesting read.

More scare-mongering, the whole article is well worth a read.
  2. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
    Chicago (by way of SF)
    I must say, I have a problem with the name of this thread: "NeoCons losing grip on reality" (spelling corrected).

This implies that the NeoCons had a grip on reality at some point.;)

One last thing: I have finally, finally, finally, moved over to OS X -- and hence, am now using Safari on my PB. My God the pages load fast. But why does it put the cursor in front of the smilies instead of in back of them? Oh well, I am just happy as a clam to not be using Internet Explorer.
  3. wwworry macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2002
    Have you tried Firefox? (found on the website) I like it a little bit better than safari because I have a 2 button mouse and has a contextual menu for "back" and "forward". Both are good.

Neocons are all about consolidating corporate power. Their supply-side theories are constantly proven wrong. If they do not like facts they throw out the facts. Ideology and power is their addiction. I still have their old DARPA logo somewhere. It says it all.

here it is:
  4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Feb 11, 2004

Geezer we meet again!
    I haven't yet read the entire message by Uncle Pat, but when I do I'll get back to you. It seems some peolple are more interested in thier browsers....

5. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Feb 11, 2004

I posted a comment a while ago that "there were conservatives in America, and then there is Pat Buchanan". I was a registered Republican for many years and always thought Pat was a little to far to the right for me. But in reading his report on the Perle & Frum book I think I might re-align my thoughts.
    The best way I can describe this multi-page beratement of Perle & Frum is to say, that when you see a child at the zoo poking a stick at the lion just to see him get up and attack, you try to pull back the child and calm the lion. To me that is exactly what Pat is doing. I would love to quote almost every paragraph and comment on its accuracy and relevance to the topic involved, but I don't have a few months to do it. The article was great and contained a lot of information concerning the aspects of our involvement in Iraq I was not aware of.

NEO [gr neos] noun-combining form, 1. new, recent 2. in a new or different way.
    CONSERVATIVE adj. 1 tending to conserve 2 tending to preserve established institutions, etc. opposed to change 3 moderate; cautious.

Then explain to me why neoconservatives want to not only change things but do it in an extremely forceful way! I think the term neo-conservative is a contradiction in terms itself, no wonder they are loosing ground and favour.