Neocons: THIS is what anti-Christian bias looks like

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    Link (subscription)

Oh this one should give Bill O'Reilly a field day! (You know that somehow, it's going to end up being entirely the fault of American liberals and the ACLU, don't you? :D )

At any about a ridiculous waste of the court's time. This is wrong on so many levels.

I think even non-believers would agree that if you want to believe Jesus existed, you have a right to, and I'd be surprised if there was a way to interpret Italian law to have it say otherwise.

For that matter -- and I'm well aware that Italian law and American law are different -- if you want to start a church of believers in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, what's wrong with that? If you want to claim FSM is real, and you're not hurting anybody, well...I'll think you're nuts, but other than that I won't care.

Not to you gonna show in court that Jesus was really somebody named John of Gamala?

The only thing I'd have to say against the priest can you be "serene but bitter"? ;)
  2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Well, I think a lot of people would oppose those who set up a fraudulent business, claim to cure people's problems and ailments, and extrac huge sums of money from people to do it. And a lot of people could see certain religious organizations in this light.

I, though, would not agree with that. I think religious groups, albeit with plenty of exceptions, do tend to do good works with the money they raise. The good ones are above average charities. The bad ones, of course, are the worst of pyramid schemes.
  3. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    That's the funny thing. The neocons (who, ironically are in majority power right now) are always talking about anti-Christian and ultra far left liberal bias, even though most of what's out there is fairly moderate compared to everywhere else in the world. I guess if you're that far right, everything is pretty far to the left. This must just be inconceivable.

I'm just hoping the pendulum doesn't swing back too far this way when people get sick of the far right (which is already starting to happen among moderates), because this is ridiculous.