Nero for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mrpepsi, Aug 22, 2002.

1. mrpepsi macrumors newbie

I'm new to Mac's and i was wondering if there is some software for burning cd's that is similar to Nero for the PC? For the life of me I can't figure out how to copy a cd on my iMac G4.

Forgive my newbieness.

Mr. Pepsi

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

use the disk copy utility in the applications folder to make a disk image of the one you want to copy and then mount the image to a blank disk...

...otherwise you can try roxio toast...but i heard that isn't compatible with 10.2

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Are you sure? Damit! :(

5. mrpepsi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thnx mnkeybsness! I'm still adjusting to the "switch".

6. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Yeah, I know how you feel mrpepsi. Nero rocks on the PC. You can also use itunes if you're burning music cds. Still, the built-in burner program on Mac OS X is much better than the windows XP version.

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i wish there was something like Nero for the Mac, but Toast is the best we have now.

and Toast isn't 10.2 yet!!!! NNNOOOOO!!:(

8. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

NERO for MAC!

NERO is out for Mac and has been for a while now. I like toast better but Nero is cheaper. You can get a trial version of it off the nero site.

I gess its not a very good seller if no one here knew that it exists.

-evildead

9. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

what the heck are you talkig about? toast runs just fine with 6c115 on my machine..

i can even send you screenshots... your trouble porbably lies within the pref files, if you upgraded, instead of doing a clean install.. i did a clean install and it works fine..

-f

10. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

Nero is out for Mac!!! why haven't i heard of it??!!! does it have all the same features? i've gotta check this out!! :D

i just had a look at Nero's site & couldn't see anything about a Mac version. does anyone have a link?

11. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Now I cant find it....

I dont see it on Neros site anymore! I know they used to have one. I think I have it at home even. I know I took a look at at one time... it could have been beta but I dont remember. Ill have to take a look when I get home from work.. or some time this weekend. Ill report back... unless some one else can clear this up.

-evildead

12. pbailey macrumors newbie

pbailey

Nero for the Mac

AHEAD Software only released NeroMax for the Mac as an OS 9.X OEM product. You could only receive a copy of NeroMax from selected CD-R manufacturers that bundled it with their burners. I just switched over too a Mac in July and would love to see a native version of Nero on OS 10.2 as well.

13. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Hey, ask Mac15. I'm just assuming. I don't even have Jaguar yet! Hehe.

oops. Sorry. My bad.

irmongoose

14. BongHits macrumors regular

glad to have read this...i was all set to purchase toast and 10.2 together at the apple store but now will be recieving a copy of 10.2 only (when is toast expected to become compatible???)

15. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i would love to see a 10.2 version of nero released to mac, since its an awesome burning application for windows (no freaking compatibility problems like roxio), and its easy to use :)

16. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

toast is nero equivilant for the mac, its easy to use, yet it has some compatability issues but if roxio update it , hope they do soon , the toast will domniate once again :D