'Nested' Sites in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eVolcre, Apr 17, 2006.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

I did a search and coulnd't figure this out. I'm learning how to use iWeb for my personal website. Most of the easy stuff I can figure out, it's fairly intuitive.

But, I have a question. It's hard to explain so bear with me ..

Lets say I have a site. Call it evolcres site. And up top I have the usual links, about me, blog, photos etc. So , all simple till now.

NOW, I want a link up top that says "evolcres friends wedding" and when you click on that link it takes you to a 'subsite' where HIS link now has buttons up top for blog, pics, about me etc.

Does that make sense?

Is there a way to do this in iWeb? A nested loop of sorts. Ideally, I could edit his section completely seperate from my main web page. The link from my site to his site would be static and I can change the 'contents' of his seperate page without even messing with my own main page.

Hoep someone can help :confused: because I can't figure it out.

eV

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Edit: Me being a dumbass and not reading.... sorry.

You just create another site within iWeb and link to it and then create the top menu as you like. :)

3. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Thanks. I thought this was a different question though. :confused:

all right, let me do my HW and if I'm stuck, I'll PM you or post here.

(what i'm asking here IS different from the other one right? or am i completely clueless and asking the same question twice?)

4. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Sorry didn't read your question right. With another site linked to your main site this is possible. It's just another "site" with new "pages". Should be what you want.

Yeah read above, changed the post. :)

5. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Makes sense. OK - to be a little dense here .. you can create multiple sites in iWeb? And then when you upload it, each site has its own location on .mac?

So what I would do is create a LINK in the main site (mine) that says XYZ. But, when you click on XYZ it goes straight to the SECOND site with its own address, right?

6. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Got it!

We're simul posting :)

Let me do my HW and then I'll ping you if I'm stuck

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

It's own address after your .mac name, yes. Your .mac name is the standard for ALL your sites, no way around that. After that you're free to choose whatever you want.