Net10 Carrier Update? TFW?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jackwills, Oct 22, 2013.

1. jackwills, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

macrumors regular

jackwills

So I know there is a 7.0.3 update on my iPhone. I went into Settings > General to check for that. A message popped up, not about the iOS update but a carrier update. I hit on update, 30 seconds later the carrier name HOME changed to TFW.
    Anyone had the same experience? I am just curious what this update actually changed to the carrier or does... And what TFW stand for

12/17/13 Update: I got the LTE on my iPhone 5 after updating the carrier settings last time to TFW, and internet and MMS worked properly without installing any profiles. Received a text from Net10 today told me to reboot the phone and update the carrier settings, I did what had told and rebooted my iPhone 5. **** happened, everything went back to before it turned back to HOME and 4G, no more LTE, needa install APN profile from unlockit.cn.nz to use the internet. Everything just went bad and backwards after this reboot.
    Has anyone experiencing the same thing too?
    Help!! I want my LTE back..

2. scotrinaf, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

macrumors 6502

Touchdown For Wisconsin!

Hey, My Straight Talk (formerly AT&T) phone now says TFW & LTE...??? Wierd...

3. thread starter macrumors regular

jackwills

How do you get LTE? mine still say 4G

4. macrumors 6502a

lolkthxbai

Yes! I just posted the same thing in another thread!

5. macrumors 6502

I did the T-Mobile SIM swap and got the new Straight Talk LTE SIM card. :)

6. macrumors regular

TFW stands for TracFone Wireless which is the parent company of Net10.

7. macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

The settings the profile put in didn't work after this carrier update. Went back to the old ST settings and works fine now. So strange.

8. macrumors 603

Carlanga

9. macrumors 6502

Mine wants to update, should I let it? Would I have to re-enter setting and "whatnot"?

10. macrumors 6502

I use Straight Talk LTE SIM card, did NOT have to redo settings. :)

11. macrumors 6502

Do you have MMS?

----------

Do you have MMS?

12. macrumors 6502

Yes!

13. macrumors 6502

Sorry about the double post. Lol

14. macrumors 6502

faiz23

I have straight talk and my mms works perfect using sim swap. I did not select the carrier update as I am afraid it will break it. Now I wonder if people accept the carrier update if it will fix their mms by programming the apn, mms, mmsc, and mms proxy settings. My network still displays "HOME" & LTE. I am using the tfdata apn.

15. macrumors 6502

Worth a try, if you have the T-Mobile card still, you can just redo it if you want IMO, I highly doubt the carrier update would prevent that from working.

16. macrumors 6502

faiz23

Last time carrier update wiped out all settings to apn "PHONE" and I had to go back and program. I don't remember the exact combination for mms settings that I used. I know I had to use partially new apn settings and then use old proxy settings to get it to work. I personally don't want to go through that hassle again for no benefit. What exactly does the carrier update to, just update your carrier id to TFW.

17. macrumors 6502

Not sure...

Here are the settings
    Old SIM Card
    APN: att.mvno (2 places)
    http://mmsc.cingular.com:80
    Proxy: 66.209.11.33

New SIM Card
    APN: tfdata (2 places)
    http://mms-tf.net
    Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com

18. macrumors 6502a

This update contains the NEW APN settings - tfdata and matching MMS. If you have a SIM with the NEW settings provisioned (not att.mvno), you no longer have to do anything to use a Net10/Straight Talk SIM fully including MMS.

TFW is Tracfone Wireless

19. macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

The odd thing though is that the carrier update did in fact place the tfdata and MMS settings in by default however the data wasn't working until I went back to the old settings. So on some level the fact that TFW showed up and the new settings with the old sim means they recognize it as theirs however it was still no dice on actually working. Interesting.

20. macrumors newbie

Net10

My net10 service sent me a carrier update and now it changed from HOME to TFW, however, my MMS is not working. Does anyone know how i can get my MMS to work. I have an iphone 4s 7.03. Thank you.

21. macrumors 65816

I think you have to delete your old APN profile if you have one installed.

22. macrumors newbie

@Dieseal3

That's the problem it does not have the APN settings field anymore with the new ios7. im so confused and it only allows me to send imessages.

23. macrumors 6502

Go to Settings>General>Profile and remove the StraightTalk profile you have installed, then follow the steps for the T-Mobile SIM swap...

If you need the settings, let me know.

24. macrumors newbie

Go to Settings>General>Profile and remove the StraightTalk profile you have installed

@scotrinaf.... there is no profile under Settings/General. With the IOS7 i read the apn settings are hidden.

25. macrumors newbie

that is what is happening, over the air and through ITUNES from 7.2 to 7.3 do NOT need the TM trick :) data and MMS