Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paziu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Hello,

I am running netatalk package to provide AFP for OSX users along with SAMBA,
After a successful login to the system, when trying to connect to an AFP:// share, I am getting a name/password window/prompt - I basically need to re-type the same authentication as when logging in to the OSX client.
When using SMB:// it does not prompt and the specific user gets authenticated correctly.
It looks like, SMB re-sends the authentication, when using AFP, OSX does not ( looked in the log files - there is no login/password being sent... )

Question - is there a way to make OSX re-send the user/password when connecting to a remote AFP share?

Thank you and have a good day,

Mike

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
Hello,

I am running netatalk package to provide AFP for OSX users along with SAMBA,
After a successful login to the system, when trying to connect to an AFP:// share, I am getting a name/password window/prompt - I basically need to re-type the same authentication as when logging in to the OSX client.
When using SMB:// it does not prompt and the specific user gets authenticated correctly.
It looks like, SMB re-sends the authentication, when using AFP, OSX does not ( looked in the log files - there is no login/password being sent... )

Question - is there a way to make OSX re-send the user/password when connecting to a remote AFP share?

Thank you and have a good day,

Mike

Is your system Kerberized?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.