Netflix-esque services...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mrgreen4242, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Hi all - I've been a Netflix customer on and off for a bit over 2 years. I'm generally happy with their service; the turn around times are only every once in awhile more than a couple days, and the selection is usually pretty good. However, they are slowly getting worse, and with the recent "settlement" I am growing a little more unhappy with them. In addition, I would like to be able to get a video game or two along with my DVDs. There are a couple services out there that offer both a Netflix style service as well as a a game rental bundled into one plan, and I was hoping someone here may have something good to say about one of them?

Thanks for any pointers!

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Not that I have a solution for you but I wanted to let all the NetFlix customers know something.

Netflix was recently sued and past customers get a free month, sign up below. Thanks to Snopes I was able to sign up, and they verified it true.

http://www.netflix.com/Settlement

jon

3. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I've used both blockbuster and Netflix, and netflix is by far better. I tried switching to blockbuster because it was cheaper and I got two coupons a month for free in store rentals. But the mail order section hardly had anything in stock besides big, big, movies and they took forever to get to me. I don't know about you, but netflix had a return center right in Milwaukee so I could send a movie back on monday and have a new one on wednesday. Blockbuster usually took about a week.

4. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

It looks lioke this site his pretty good for video games. I don't know if they have movies or not though.

http://www.gamefly.com/

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

gamefly just does games... and they aren't nearly as good as netflix is. only shipping from CA so out here on the right coast it's kinda slow...

i know there's at least one company (not one of the bigger ones) that does have some sort of mixed option... but i forget who it is..

6. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia

you SHOULD have gotten an email from netflix 2 weeks ago. I did.

Anyways, Blockbuster is the only real alternative.