Netflix from iPhone to PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xomgmoshpit, Mar 30, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

If there's already a thread about this, I apologize, but I haven't been able to find one. My internet connection is incredibly slow (Verizon DSL) and whenever I watch my Netflix I find myself watching the "Your internet connection has slowed, we are adjusting playback to avoid further interruption" screen. But it has no problems streaming the whole way through on my iPhone. I want to stream it on my iPhone 4, but show the screen from the iPhone to the laptop screen. Is there anyway to do this via usb or an app?

2. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Hahahaha...DSL. But no, not to my knowledge.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

There's FIOS right up the street, but not here. -_-

4. macrumors 6502

The only option would be tether your laptop to the iPhone and utilize that faster connection to view netflix. Not sure angling your provider's tetherin policies or prices though; it's free on data plans on mine, so it would be my first thought.

5. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Did you even read what he was asking? I mean, you're not even close to what the OP wanted.

6. macrumors 6502a

Yes, Apple and others make a cable that allows for it. I have a cable that allows me to watch Netflix on my television, from the iPhone. But I have it connected via my home wifi.

Pretty sure I got the cable at Best Buy, but I'm sure other places have them too.

7. macrumors 68030

Here's a link to the cable that was mentioned above: Apple and Amazon. It's $1.80 cheaper from Amazon, and has free shipping. Apple doesn't offer free shipping on it unless for spend $50 total.

8. macrumors 6502

powaking

9. macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the OP says there 3G connection is stronger then the one connected to the computer, by teethering the PC would use the faster 3G connection that sounds close, might not be the answer but it does sound close

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well thank you guys for all the replies. Looks like I just might have to invest in a cable, and if I'm going to do that I'll make it so I can use it on my tv. I was hoping there would be some app or some way to do it via usb, but oh well. I'm a girl by the way :p

11. macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Is there an HDMI version of this cable, or is that only for iPad 2? I would like to stream Netflix from my iPhone 4 on 4.2.6 (or preferrably iPad 1 on 4.3) to an HDTV. I would prefer HDMI over component or composite just for the sake of simplicity.

12. macrumors 68020

Rayfire

This is the one I've been using

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1121245