Netgear DG834 trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mr LuLu, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Mr LuLu macrumors member

Hi all, first post so take it easy on me :)

I've already run a search to see if I can answer this with an older post but I've had no joy at all so here I go. I'm not the most technically minded guy but I can follow instructions and would really appreciate some help on this.

Bit of background first.

20" iMac G5 1.8Ghz
    1gb Ram, 160gb HD
    OS 10.3.9

and a pc :)

So I currently use AOL as my isp though this will change to UK Onlines 8mbs service in a few days. I was connecting the Mac to the internet through the pc using Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and everything was fine until an update from AOL stopped the ICS from working!
    I then bought a Netgear DG834 and plumbed it all in using the 'wizard' option. Now I can access the internet without the pc and all was well until I tried to access my MSN mail on the Mac.
    Nothing. Cant even access the MSN homepage or Microsoft.com for that matter.
    Nor can I access it from the pc.
    I can access my gmail account, Limewire, Skype and the iTMS. I can even use MSN Messenger still. I just cant get onto those sites or grab my mail.

I'm thinking that perhaps I need to tweak a few settings on the Mac and pc to get them but wouldn't know the first place to start. I can provide my Network settings of you need them.

Help!

and thanks in advance :D

2. Mr LuLu thread starter macrumors member

Problem solved! :D

still glad I posted though, looks like this is what I needed.

A Mac forum!!! :D