netgear router and hosting warcraft

Discussion in 'Games' started by goodtimes5, Sep 18, 2004.

1. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I use a wireless netgear router and I just cannot host warcraft III games. I opened up port 6112 on port forwarding. I have starcraft port 6112 triggered in port triggering. I even have my apple firewall turned off and security off on the router. Still no ability to host games.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

*sigh* My hatred for WiFi routers and trying to host games. I'm gonna follow this thread.

3. haiggy macrumors 65816

I have an SMC router and configured it to allow me to host games. It works for me, and it sounds like you're doing everything right so I don't think I can help you. The other day I couldn't host games, even though it was set up like it was for all the other games I had hosted. It was weird man. lol Is there anything under your router config like "Special Application" or "Port Forwarding" etc. Try and go through all the configurations and see if anything works.

4. neverever macrumors newbie

5. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

Oh I feel for you... I'm amusing you have the Netgear WGR614 router. What a POS. I have one that is now in my Linksys G router box. Why is that you ask?

This router just doesn't seem to want to route any non-standard port. Port 80 worked for my web server, port 23 worked for SSH, etc. But when I wanted to host a personal NeverWinter Server for my friends; no dice. I called Netgear... I even had a "case" opened. I received calls from Netgear Tech. Support in India for &#&#&# sakes. They could not help me; ever. Sadly I had the router passed the 30 days return window before I started using non-standard ports.

To put it simply; the router is a piece of trash and I'd suggest using a different brand :(

6. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

7. msbsound macrumors regular

Similar Question

My question, I guess, is not that similar, but here we go...

I am using a Linksys wireless router (802b). My roomate and myself each have Powerbooks connected wirelessly. Problem is, we are never able to join the same game online. We can typically both get in, but the second person to join always gets kicked out after a few minutes. I figured it was due to the fact that we do not have static IPs for each machine, but was hoping that there may be a router setting that I was missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,