Netgear WC hosting problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by applecrag, Dec 25, 2006.

1. applecrag macrumors regular

hey everyone. first of all let me say happy holidays to all of you. well today i got a new Netgear wnr834b router. it has very good signal and is very simple to set up. however, hosting warcraft 3 has become a problem. before i had this router i had a pppoe account set up through a DSL router. that was easy to do b/c all the only setup required was account name/password in the "network" preferences. (i used pppoe b/c i didnt want to go through the hassle of forwarding ports...apparently it bypasses all the service provider filters). when i try to connect with pppoe like i used to do, it wont work. but when i connect through DHCP, it does. the computer i play warcraft on is wired to the modem itself. is it possible to make a pppoe account like i had before? i really would like to host again...thanks all and goodnight!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Please explain your network again.

My first guess was that you hadn't forwarded the correct port(s) [6112-6119, if I recall correctly] to your Mac from the Netgear, and that previously, when connected directly to the modem, all ports were, by default, forwarded.

Now, I'm not sure what's connected to what, so I cannot help.