Netscape mail WTF??!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by vniow, Sep 1, 2002.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Son of a frelling bitch. I just checked my e-mail at Netscape and IT'S ALL GONE! Every message I've sent, every message I've recieved and every message I've saved just in case I lost them on my computer. I'm frelling pissed as no doubt you can tell. I'll be writing a complaint letter in the morning. In the meantime, I'll be looking for another e-mail address, so if anyone wants to e-mail me, they're going to have to wait. Has anybody else had this problem? Please tell me I'm not alone wih this. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Okay, two things. I checked my account, i couldn't even get in, so it may be a problem with their server... which brings me to #2, the only good free email servers are portals like yahoo. i've had the same yahoo account for going on 5 years now... it's outlasted all my other accounts.

:)
    pnw

3. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Update: It's all back. Guess it was just a server problem. Whew! I was worried there for awhile. :)

4. bombensington macrumors regular

phew, a huge sigh of relief! :)

i would be freaking out if i lost all my email addresses, good thing you didn't, yay.

5. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Great, now I have a new problem and it's not with e-mail. I can't post in the News Discussion, I can't PM anybody, can't start new threads and can't even view my own PMs! arn, anybody? What happened to my account? The last thing I did to it is change my e-mail adress and then hid it. Help! I don't think I did anything wrong or offensive. :(

6. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

:) i have to disagree about yahoo! offering quality email. they sell all of your personal information. they default your settings towards accepting spam email. they change your spam settings if you were smart enough to set it to not accept spam. o and did i mention they sell and make public all of your personal information? o i did. it may not sound like a big deal but just that i can search yahoo!'s directory and find anyone's phone number, email address, address, etc if i have just one lil piece of info seems a little unsafe.

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Touché, what they did to their privacy policy was horrible, and has proved to be a pain in the ass repeatedly... it's still better than hotmail :) AOL too, and i assume it filters down into netscape mail...

pnw

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

edvniow, check your email. You may have received a letter regarding activation to MacRumors. If so, open the email and respond to the link. If you have multiple messages, respond to the most recent one. This happened to me the last day of june.

9. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Thanx again KC. I just changed my e-mail and it sent a new verification message to it. :)
    I've just been jumpy since my Netscape e-mail was temorarily deleted.