Network Admin Control Question (Panther)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ingenious, Apr 8, 2004.

1. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    here's my scenario:

My PB below, hooked into school's network.... no priviliges set for remote administrator, not even ARC. I know this because I set up this lab. Somehow, tho the network admin can watch everyone's computer and even open files and change them at will.... people have been unable to open files to edit off their hds because of this before, and i got a note that my HD was mounted on some remote puter and shutting down would d/c it. No one knows my password, and the only other account on the puter is one i created, very limited: "student" with no pass, but no real priviliges either. this is set up for when other ppl have to use my PB. How can the admin do this? is it an open port? a security hole? a UNIX command? also, my addy book and itunes are always open when i open my puter from sleep and sometimes it has me logged in when i haven't logged in. like i said, no one knows my pass. also, playlists were added to itunes and one was renamed! What is going on?!?!? (its not permissions i checked j in case) :eek:

2. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)