Network mounting issues

Discussion in 'macOS' started by talz13, May 27, 2006.

1. talz13 macrumors newbie

So I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but here it goes anyway:

I have recently gotten fixed network mounts going with netinfo, and have successfully moved my "Music" folder to my file server while (apparently) maintaining an alias to the network folder in my home folder. This is like 95% of how I want it to work, but there is one little annoyance left.

Since the folder is now an alias, I cannot drag it to the shortcut bar on the left in the finder window. Now, for the music folder, this isn't that big of a problem since I don't access the folder directly very often, if I am to move my Moviews and Pictures and Documents folders over, I'll definately want them to be in the shortcut bar (with their fancy little icons too).

Is this possible? Or am I doomed to generic network icons and no shortcuts in the sidebar?

2. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

The icon on the shortcut you can change with Get Info (apple-I). Get Info on the file/folder with the icon you want, click and copy the icon in the top of the box, then GI on the shortcut, click the icon and paste.

You can't put network shortcuts in the finder window (AFAIK) but you can put them in the dock, to the right of the divider line, next to the trash.