Network + Password?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, Dec 14, 2005.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hey you guys, I have a network setup and I know my Mac and PC and Laptop all connect to each other no problem. how Do I and i might have this already on it and I believe I told the units to remember password but im not 100% sure but where do I go on the OSX to tell it to set a password and such and I just wanna makesure other computers arent connecting cause I havent passworded my firewall yet cause I cant find the CD for it so im open broadcasting in my apt.

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

What?!@?

Take a deep breath and start again using complete sentences, proper grammar and punctuation.

3. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I think he set up an unsecured wireless connection and wants to know how to get his Mac to remember a network password once he secures it.

Answer: it will remember it by itself. You just have to type it in the first time you connect.

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Alright. I will present this in a simple yet elegent list so even retarded people can understand.

• I have a Mac (powermac G5
      I have OSX (10.4.3)
      I have a PC (Personal Computer)
      I have Windows (XP)
      I have a Laptop
      I also have Windows XP
      I have a router

Ok so those are my equipments
    I have them all networked and when I click on the network to open the folders, it automaticly connects. I dont know if I have an autosave password or I never set one. Regardless, how can I check? and How can set a password or a new one if I dont have have

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, then, if that's your attitude, then shouldn't the response be that even a "retarded" person could solve this problem on their own? :rolleyes:

Windows sharing in Tiger, as far as I know, always goes by account. So if your account has a password, Windows sharing requires it. You set your account password via System Preferences -> Accounts. ;)

6. strydr macrumors 6502

strydr

Take a look at the Keychain Manager (Apps.--> utilities) If you have a saved network password, it will be listed. If you need to reset/set a password on your Mac, system preferences-->Accounts, change password.

7. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

if thats the attitude...then it takes one to know one? :confused:

anyways. thank you for the help